To start fresh with a clean copy of Windows 10, use these steps:
- Start your device with the USB bootable media.
- On “Windows Setup,” click Next to begin the process.
- Click the Install Now button.
- If you’re installing Windows 10 for the first time or upgrading an old version, you must enter a genuine product key.
Save your settings, reboot your computer and you should now be able to install Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Enter your computer’s BIOS.
- Step 2 – Set your computer to boot from DVD or USB.
- Step 3 – Choose the Windows 10 clean install option.
- Step 4 – How to find your Windows 10 license key.
- Step 5 – Select your hard disk or SSD.
Start it up and select the “Create installation media for another PC” option and follow the wizard to create installation media.
- After creating Windows 10 installation media, connect the installation disk to your computer.
- Select your SSD to install Windows.
- Install Windows to SSD with system clone software.
Select the appropriate version (Home, Pro) and the tool will generate an ISO for you. Let the tool help you burn the ISO to a DVD or USB memory stick. Now, proceed with a clean installation of Windows 10 (select “Custom: Install Windows only” when prompted.) When it asks you for a product key, click Skip.Recover Surface Laptop
- Turn off the Surface Laptop.
- Insert the USB recovery drive we just created into the USB port on the Surface Laptop.
- Hold the volume-down button and power button at the same time.
- When the Surface logo appears, let go of the buttons.
- Select your language and keyboard settings.
- Select Troubleshoot.
Select the drive and click Next.
- Click Finish after the media creation tool creates the media for you.
- Restart your PC with the USB drive or DVD inserted.
- Press any key to boot from the USB drive or DVD.
- Follow the prompts to set up Windows.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 for free?
With the end of the free upgrade offer, the Get Windows 10 app is no longer available, and you cannot upgrade from an older Windows version using Windows Update. The good news is that you can still upgrade to Windows 10 on a device that has a license for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
How do I install Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive?
Reinstall Windows 10 to a new hard drive
- Back up all of your files to OneDrive or similar.
- With your old hard drive still installed, go to Settings>Update & Security>Backup.
- Insert a USB with enough storage to hold Windows, and Back Up to the USB drive.
- Shut down your PC, and install the new drive.
How do I start a fresh install of Windows?
How to use the ‘Refresh Windows’ tool
- Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Click Update & security.
- Click Recovery.
- Under More recovery options, click the “Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows”.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 from scratch?
Reinstall Windows 10 on a working PC. If you can boot into Windows 10, open the new Settings app (the cog icon in the Start menu), then click on Update & Security. Click on Recovery, and then you can use the ‘Reset this PC’ option. This will give you the choice of whether to keep your files and programs or not.
Can you install Windows 10 without a product key?
After you’ve installed Windows 10 without a key, it won’t actually be activated. However, an unactivated version of Windows 10 doesn’t have many restrictions. With Windows XP, Microsoft actually used Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) to disable access to your computer. Activate Windows now.”
Can I install Windows 10 for free?
While you can no longer use the “Get Windows 10” tool to upgrade from within Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, it is still possible to download Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft and then provide a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key when you install it. If it is, Windows 10 will be installed and activated on your PC.
How do I install Windows 10 on a new hard drive?
Steps to add a hard drive to This PC in Windows 10:
- Step 1: Open Disk Management.
- Step 2: Right-click Unallocated (or Free space) and choose New Simple Volume in the context menu to continue.
- Step 3: Choose Next in the New Simple Volume Wizard window.
Can I buy a hard drive with Windows 10 installed?
Only if you also buy the machine the hard drive is installed in. You can buy Windows 10 on a USB stick and then use that stick to install Windows 10 to the hard drive. You should consider getting a good solid state disk SSD instead of a HDD for boot speed.
How do I install Windows on a new hard drive?
How to install Windows on a SATA drive
- Insert the Windows disc into the CD-ROM / DVD drive/USB flash drive.
- Power down the computer.
- Mount and connect the Serial ATA hard drive.
- Power up the computer.
- Choose language and region and then to Install Operating System.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Is reset this PC the same as clean install?
The Remove everything option of PC resetting is like a regular clean install and your hard drive is erased and a fresh copy of Windows is installed. But by contrast, a system reset is faster and more convenient. And a clean install must require an installation disc or USB drive.
How do I install Windows 10 without bloatware?
How to Reinstall Windows 10 Without All the Bloatware
- Click the Start menu and choose Windows Defender Security Center from the list of options.
- Choose Device performance & health.
- At the bottom, under Fresh start, click the Additional info link.
- Click the Get started button.
- When asked if you’d like to allow the app to make changes to your device, click Yes.
How long does it take to install Windows 10?
Summary/ Tl;DR / Quick Answer. Windows 10 Download time depends on your internet speed and how you download it. One to Twenty hours depending on internet speed. Windows 10 Install time can take anywhere from 15minutes to three hours based on your device configuration.
Do I need to reinstall Windows 10 new motherboard?
If you reinstall Windows 10 after you make a significant hardware change to your PC (such as replacing the motherboard), it may no longer be activated. If you were running Windows 10 (Version 1607) before the hardware change, you can use the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate Windows.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 without a disk?
Reset Computer to Reinstall Windows 10 Without CD. This method is available when your PC can still boot properly. Being capable of solving most system problems, it won’t be different from a clean install of Windows 10 via an installation CD. 1) Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
Do you need to reinstall Windows 10 after replacing motherboard?
When reinstalling Windows 10 after a hardware change–especially a motherboard change–be sure to skip the “enter your product key” prompts while installing it. But, if you’ve changed the motherboard or just a lot of other components, Windows 10 may see your computer as a new PC and may not automatically activate itself.
How do I activate Windows 10 without a product key?
Activate Windows 10 without using any software
- Step 1: Select the right key for your Windows.
- Step 2: Right-click on the start button and open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Step 3: Use the command “slmgr /ipk yourlicensekey” to install a license key (yourlicensekey is the activation key you got above).
How can I get a Windows 10 product key for free?
How to Get Windows 10 for Free: 9 Ways
- Upgrade to Windows 10 from the Accessibility Page.
- Provide a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Key.
- Reinstall Windows 10 if You’ve Already Upgraded.
- Download Windows 10 ISO File.
- Skip the Key and Ignore the Activation Warnings.
- Become a Windows Insider.
- Change your Clock.
Do I need Windows 10 key to reinstall?
When you upgrade your OS to Windows 10, Windows 10 will be automatically activated online. This allows you to reinstall Windows 10 at any time without purchasing a license again. To reinstall Windows 10 after its free upgrade, you can choose to perform a clean install from a USB drive or with CD.
Is there a free download for Windows 10?
This is your one chance to get Microsoft Windows 10 operating system full version as a free download, with no restrictions. Windows 10 will be a device lifetime service. If your computer can run Windows 8.1 properly, you can find it easy to install Windows 10 – Home or Pro.
Can you still get Windows 10 for free?
You can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2019. The short answer is No. Windows users can still upgrade to Windows 10 without shelling out $119. The assistive technologies upgrade page still exist and is fully functional.
How do I download Windows 10 with product key?
Find and install your Microsoft downloads from Microsoft Store
- Go to Order history, find Windows 10, and then select Product key/Install.
- Select Copy to copy the key, and then select Install.
- Select Download tool now, and follow the instructions.
- A wizard will help you through the steps to install.
How do I reinstall my free Windows 10 upgrade?
You Can Still Get Windows 10 for Free With a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1
- Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer is over–or is it?
- Insert the installation media into the computer you want to upgrade, reboot, and boot from the installation media.
- After you’ve installed Windows 10, head to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and you should see that your PC has a digital license.
How do I install Windows from a USB drive?
- Download and install the Windows USB/DVD Download tool .
- Open the Windows USB/DVD Download tool.
- When prompted, browse to your .iso file, select it, and click Next.
- When asked to select the media type for your backup, make sure your flash drive is plugged in, and then choose USB device.
- Click Begin Copying.
How do I install Windows on a new SSD?
remove the old HDD and install the SSD (there should be only the SSD attached to your system during the installation process) Insert the Bootable Installation Media. Go into your BIOS and if SATA Mode is not set to AHCI, change it. Change the boot order so the Installation Media is top of the boot order.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”