Normally, open Chrome, look for the Settings Symbol, choose Chrome as Standard, and tick that you will be notified by XP if some Program tries to change that.
How do I change my default browser on Windows XP?
Launch the Default Program Control Panel in Windows XP
Open the Start Menu, and click Set Program Access and Defaults: this will open the Add or Remove Programs window, with the Set Program Access and Default button selected on the left.
How do I set default programs in Windows XP?
Use the following steps to change the default mail program in XP:
- Click the Start button, then click on the Control Panel icon to open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click the Add or Remove Programs icon to open the Add or Remove Programs applet.
- On the left side of the Window click the Set Program Access and Defaults icon.
27 мар. 2000 г.
What browser does Windows XP use?
Most of those lightweight browsers also remain compatible with Windows XP and Vista. These are some of the browsers that are ideal for old, slow PCs. Opera, UR Browser, K-Meleon, Midori, Pale Moon, or Maxthon are some of the best browsers that you can install on your old PC.
How do I make Google my default on my computer?
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs Default Programs. Set your default programs.
- On the left, select Google Chrome.
- Click Set this program as default.
- Click OK.
How do I make Firefox my default browser Windows XP?
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options (Preferences on a Mac.) Select the Advanced panel, click the General tab, and then click the button that says “Make Firefox the default browser.” If you’ve already selected this option (thank you!)
What is the version of Internet Explorer in Windows 7?
If you’re running Windows 7, the latest version of Internet Explorer that you can install is Internet Explorer 11.
How do I set VLC as my default player in Windows XP?
Make VLC Default on Windows XP
Step 1: Select the file that you want VLC to play by default. Step 2: Right-click on the file and choose Properties. Step 3: Click on Change from the Opens with, click on the VLC media player button and then click on OK.
How do I change file associations?
Change the file association for an email attachment
- In Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, choose Start and then type Control Panel.
- Choose Programs > Make a file type always open in a specific program. …
- In the Set Associations tool, select the file type you want to change the program for, then choose Change program.
How do I change a file type in Windows XP?
Change File Type Icon in Windows XP
- Step 1: Open My Computer and go to Tools and then Folder Options.
- Step 2: Click on the File Types tab and you’ll see a listing of all the registered file types on your computer along with the extensions and the icon.
22 янв. 2015 г.
Can Windows XP still connect to the Internet?
That means that unless you are a major government, no further security updates or patches will be available for the operating system. Despite Microsoft’s best efforts to convince everyone to upgrade to a newer version of Windows, Windows XP is still running on nearly 28% of all computers connected to the Internet.
How do I keep Windows XP running forever?
How to keep using Windows XP forever and ever
- Install a dedicated antivirus.
- Keep your software up to date.
- Switch to a different browser and go offline.
- Stop using Java for Web Browsing.
- Use a day-to-day account.
- Use a Virtual Machine.
- Be cautious with what you install.
What can I do with an old Windows XP computer?
8 uses for your old Windows XP PC
- Upgrade it to Windows 7 or 8 (or Windows 10) …
- Replace it. …
- Switch to Linux. …
- Your personal cloud. …
- Build a media server. …
- Convert it into a home security hub. …
- Host websites yourself. …
- Gaming server.
8 апр. 2016 г.