Many Android phones come with an embedded infrared “blaster” that uses the same technology as old-school remotes. All you need to do is download a universal remote app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote, IR Universal Remote or Galaxy Universal Remote to use your phone to control any device that receives an IR signal.
Can I use my Android phone as a TV remote?
If your phone has an IR blaster, download a TV-remote app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote. Not only can it control your TV, but also any device that receives an IR signal—set-top boxes, DVD and Blu-ray players, stereo equipment and even some air-conditioning systems.
Can I make my phone into a universal remote?
Yes, you can easily turn your android phone into a universal remote to control all those devices with just a single phone. To use your phone as a universal remote, remote-controller apps come into the play. They enable you to control a variety of devices using your phone, something which you never cease to use.
What phones can be used as a TV remote?
The best phones with IR blasters you can buy today
- TCL 10 Pro. An affordable, new phone with an IR blaster. …
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G. A good import buy for an IR-equipped flagship. …
- Huawei P30 Pro. The final Huawei flagship with Google apps. …
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro. One of the last U.S.-sold flagships with an IR blaster. …
- LG G5.
Can I use my phone as a TV remote without WIFI?
TV Remote Control For Android
Ok if your phone has IR Blaster built in all you need to do is search the app store for universal remote or IR Blaster. For Android, you will find one app called Smart IR Remote by AnyMote. … You can turn your android phone into a universal remote using apps such as these.
How do you make a universal remote?
Turn on your TV or another device you wish to control. Press and hold the corresponding DEVICE and POWER buttons on the remote at the same time. Wait until the power button comes on and then release both buttons. Pointing the remote at the TV or another device, press the Power button on the remote and wait 2 seconds.
Can I use my phone as a DVD remote?
Power Universal Remote Control is an application that turns your Android mobile device into a remote control for a DVD.
How do I put an IR blaster on my phone?
You can tap Open to launch the app from the Play Store or tap its icon on the app drawer. Select your IR blaster when prompted. The app should ask you to choose your IR blaster the first time you open it. Follow the on-screen instructions to select it and/or grand appropriate permissions.
Which app is best for TV remote?
Best Android remote control apps
- Download Android TV Remote Control: Android.
- Download Amazon Fire TV Remote: Android.
- Download Google Home: Android.
- Download Alexa App: Android.
- Download Roku: Android.
- Download Smart Things Mobile: Android.
- Download IFTTT: Android.
- Download Yatse: Android.
Can I use my phone as a TV remote Xfinity?
Setting up the Xfinity TV Remote App
Download the Xfinity TV Remote app from the iTunes App Store to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. For Android, download from Google Play. Select the Xfinity TV Remote app on your device. Select Get Started.
How do I change channels without a remote?
How to Change the TV Channels Without a Remote
- Inspect the front and sides of your television to locate the buttons labeled “channel.”
- Press the up button if you want to go to a higher numbered channel. It will be marked with a plus (+) sign or an arrow pointing up.
- People are Reading.
Does iPhone have IR blaster?
Due to the fact that iPhones don’t have infrared (IR) blasters, they can’t be used to control older, non-Wi-Fi TV models, although you can buy IR dongles that plug into the Lightning connector and enable this feature. … Agree to this and your iPhone should now be transformed into a remote control.
How do I connect my Android phone to my IR blaster?
- Check if your phone has an IR blaster. Many phones do not come with an IR blaster.
- Get a IR remote app. Launch Google Play on your device and search for “IR blaster.”
- Launch the IR remote app you installed. Tap the app to open it after installation.
- Point your IR blaster to the device you want to control.